Occupying almost 4,000 acres on the northern comer of the Island with frontage on Port Royal Sound and the Intracoastal Waterway, this community offers to its residents all the amenities of a resort. Within the confines of Hilton Head Plantation you'll find Bear Creek Golf Club, Oyster Reef Golf Club, Dolphin Head Golf Club, and The Country Club of Hilton Head. There are twelve tennis courts, jogging trails, nature conservancies, a community recreation center, two miles of beautiful beach on Port Royal Sound, and the most glorious sunset on earth at Skull Creek Marina located directly on the Intracoastal Waterway. In addition, there is excellent dining and shopping facilities.
- Golf - four courses (72 holes), two open to the public
- Tennis - eighteen courts
- Swimming - recreational center and area neighborhood pools
- Beach - 2 miles
- Marina - 1
- Fishing - Lagoon, creek, deep water. Charters available.
- Bike paths/jogging trails - 6 miles
- Access - Controlled, passes available to guests of owners and to public recreational facilities
- Club Information - Call:
Oyster Reef: 843-681-6662
Bear Creek: 843-681-9510
Dolphin Head: 843-681-2867
The Country Club of Hilton Head: 843-681-2582