When the Spaniards explored this part of the coast they landed on this area of the Island to get fresh water - hence the name Spanish Wells. Because of its remote location "off the beaten path" of Highway 278 Spanish Wells has evolved into the most serene and quiet of all the plantations. Located on a point of land between Calibogue Sound and Broad Creek, it has its own nine hole golf course and club. It is completely private.
- Golf - one private nine hole course
- Tennis - at: private racquet club
- Marina - private, individual docks
- Access - Private, owners and guests only!
- Club Information - Call 843-681-2819