Discover Sun City Hilton Head, the premier active adult community in the Carolinas!
Nestled in the heart of South Carolina's Treasured Coast lies Sun City Hilton Head, where the natural beauty of the Lowcountry coexists with world-class amenities and inviting destinations. Here, you don't just buy a home, you become part of a vibrant, active and growing community where you'll meet new friends and enjoy first-class amenities, clubs and activities. Nearby Hilton Head Island, Beaufort and Savannah offer shopping, dining and culture to please even the most discriminating taste. We encourage you to visit our 4,300-acre community to explore the choices in homes, neighborhoods and lifestyles that are as unique as you are.
At Sun City, you'll find a wide array of homes created specifically for the Hilton Head lifestyle. Del Webb, a member of the Pulte Homes family, ensures quality craftsmanship, value and attention to detail with its 7-Step Process, the industry's first multi-step customer care program. This 7-Step Process involves owners at every critical stage of construction and gives them the thrilling experience of watching what was once just an idea become a reality.
Town Square is Sun City Hilton Head's multi-million-dollar, 45-acre Community Recreation Campus. And what recreation there is! The 17,000 square-foot social hall is home to lectures, workshops, dances, concerts and more than 80 chartered clubs. The Purrysburg Fitness Center will keep you moving with a dance and aerobics studio, fitness equipment and both indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Play outdoors and enjoy tennis, croquet, horseshoes, bocce, bicycling, softball, fitness trails, and fishing and boating on the 20-acre Lake Somerset. When it's party time, head for our outdoor, covered Party Pavilion.
The most extensive walking trail at Sun City Hilton Head provides residents with an opportunity to commune with nature in a spectacular natural setting. The elevated boardwalk is slightly less than one mile in length, at 4,400 feet, and meanders through acres of majestic oaks, pines, maples, gum trees and wetlands. Scores of species of birds live in the area, including bald eagles, hawks and osprey, as well as deer, rabbits and tortoises. There are three covered "comfort stations" along the nature trail, providing water, emergency phone service to the front gate, benches and shade.
Golf is a "given" on the Treasured Coast, and Sun City Hilton Head gives you two terrific choices. Our 18-hole Okatie Creek Golf Club-which includes a driving range, putting green, and a 10,400-square-foot clubhouse-and the Hidden Cypress Golf Club are both designed by PGA tour professional Mark McCumber. The Hidden Cypress Golf Club and Recreational Center includes the Hidden Cypress Golf Club facility, a state-of-the-art fitness center, Citta del Sole Restaurant and Café, and meeting rooms-all in one large building. In addition, a 5,000-square-foot heated outdoor pool with swim lanes and walking area is located adjacent to the fitness center.
If gardening is your passion, you can exercise your nurturing nature here. Our community garden has 57 fenced 20' x 20' gardens available for lease-each with irrigation. Do you prefer indoor handiwork? Our Yemasee Crafts Center has workshops for ceramics, painting and sewing, as well as a computer lab. And, our state-of-the art, fully-equipped, 6,250-square-foot workshop with separate rooms for large machinery, assembly, tools and lumber will keep your hands busy.
Located midway between Beaufort and Hilton Head Island in the heart of South Carolina Lowcountry, magnificent Spring Island is one of the most beautiful and historic properties anywhere. Only 400 homes will ever be allowed, and over 1,200 acres has been set aside as a permanent nature preserve. In addition to its award-winning Arnold Palmer golf course, the Island is home to an abundance of flora and fauna and features riding, tennis, boating, superb fishing, sporting clays, kayaking, and 35 miles of hiking trails and bridal paths.
- Acreage: 3,000 acres (1,200 hectares)
- Gatehouse: 24 hour manned and controlled access
- Club Structure: Equity, member-owned club
- Golf: The Old Tabby Links, a gem designed by Palmer and Seay. An 8-acre practice facility includes a green and bunkers; three golf pros
- Clubhouse: Two clubhouses; many dining options with fresh fare from the surrounding waters
- Tennis: Four clay courts with a tennis pro available during the Spring and Fall
- Equestrian: Equestrian facility with boarding stables and miles of marked trails throughout the island
- Fitness: Professionally staffed fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment and an aerobics room
- Recreation: Boating, Fishing, Shrimping, Crabbing, Kayaking, Swimming, Fitness, and miles and miles of marked trails from which to view the prolific nature on the island
- Hunting: Hunting is available at nearby Pleasant Hill for Spring Island members; A sporting clay course is offered at Spring Island
- Swimming: One outdoor heated and cooled swimming pool for the enjoyment of the residents
- Spring Island Trust: Headquartered in the Mobley Nature Center, has a staff of three full time naturalists who lead tours and excursions on the Island and throughout the region
- Lots: from $235,000 to over $1 million
- Homes: from $985,000 to $3,995,000.